PDA

View Full Version : Technical Issues

AlanH
03-02-2012, 08:14
Is it just my computer, or are there some Forum headings missing this morning? Like the one where I would normally have put a question like this!

rpadam
03-02-2012, 22:38
Is it me, or has the 'Technical Issues' forum (or whatever it was called) disappeared?

Strongers
03-02-2012, 22:58
Yep it's gone.

Conrad
03-02-2012, 23:36
I have just merged in Alan's post from earlier about the same issue.

We have disabled the Technical Issues and Suggestions forums.

Suggestions was turning into a shoot them down forum, we aren't doing any earnest efforts in development at this point, leaving the forum there is both somewhat embarrassing as we are not doing any of the old things we hoped to do, and also it can only be frustrating for someone to leave a suggestion to be rejected as we wont do new work.

The Technical Issues forum was there so that we could answer direct questions about the site and give you our perspective, I carefully read every post to that forum (I hope) and tried to reply to them. I no longer feel I have the time to give them proper attention, and I personally don't even know how to reply to some of the posts on there. In the last thread there were a few posts posted telling us how wrong we were without seeking any explanation of why the changes had been made. In that thread BrewGuru started it with a sensible question and Strongers provided the necessary answer (thanks), it seems to me that we are as well just letting them be posted on chat.