PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood beer festival

gillhalfpint
30-01-2012, 18:30
Anyone on here have gen on Fleetwood beer festival. Someone has said own food banned as there are new caterers but their posters don't seem to mention the food situation other than there is a cafe.

We'll be there anyway as caravan already booked into a site, and usually eat at the venue, but after the bag searches at Derby for food a few years ago, and sarnie confiscation, this could be a sensitive subject.

ROBCamra
30-01-2012, 19:41
I saw Gary Levin the bar manager at Fleetwood at the NWAF. He didn't mention anything about it.

But then again why would he?

Not very helpful I'm afraid Gill.

gillhalfpint
31-01-2012, 07:51
Since I started this thread after reading that 20 people had pulled out of a trip to Fleetwood fest from Bitter Suite in Preston due to being unable to take their own food into the fest, there has been a bit of discussion going on about the fest and food, and I am posting this so anyone thinking about going to Fleetwood will hopefully not be put off by the food not being allowed in and still support the fest. From someone called Paul.

"As Gary Levin has said this beyond the control of the organising group and has been imposed by the new management of Marine Hall.

Due to other logistics imposed by the Marine Hall management, this festival has to be as successful this year as it has been in the past or we may not have another (not a threat, it is a real reality).

If you really care about CAMRA festivals and enjoy them, you have to savour them, not take them for granted and make sure you support them or they may get lost forever.

As Gary said, this is a beer festival not a food fest.

SO GET A GRIP"

Don't want to lose ANY good fest.

ROBCamra
31-01-2012, 07:56
http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/lifestyle/leisure-time/entertainment-news/beer_festival_saved_1_4165804

It's only after a bit of a climbdown by Wyre Council that it's going ahead this year.

This year we will be attending the festival for our 24th consecutive year. :drinkup:

hondo
31-01-2012, 09:02
"As Gary said, this is a beer festival not a food fest." :notworthy:

hondo
03-02-2012, 13:56
"Among the ales making their Fleetwood debut is Green Jack Baltic Imperial Stout which, at 10.5%"
http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/lifestyle/entertainment/duke-s-diary/ale_pours_in_for_beer_fest_1_4210581